We have immensely missed you all and are pleased to announce that our HC Jewellers store located at 8 High street, Royston, Hertfordshire is open as of today, Monday the 15th of June. Our customers and our communities are always our top priority, which has, in turn, prompted us to take several steps for their protection.
In addition, to the Government advice provided for businesses on how to work safely during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have also implemented a practical framework of operations. This is to not only make sure we adhere to all guidelines but also to make sure our loyal and new customers can shop safely in our store. With the above in mind, we have done everything reasonably practicable to minimise the threat.
Measures taken have been put in place after a risk assessment, and the team have been consulted and trained. Our staff understand the risks in the workplace and their view on how to work when drawing upon our new set of rules.
Feel free to have a look below at just some of the measures and have a look at our detailed infographic for more information, on the steps taken.
- At the moment, we will only be able to accept two people in the store at any one time.
- Providing automatic hand sanitiser at entry and exit point.
- Added floor markings and signage to remind customers to follow social distancing wherever possible.
- Glass screen inserted across the counter to minimise contact.
- All items brought in for purchasing or valuation will be UV Sanitized.
- Appointments are available to avoid contact and secure a visit.
- Regularly disinfecting all areas and items in store (including card machine)
- All watches will now be booked in, and UV sanitised before the replacement of batteries and straps.
- Watches will be worked on in two intervals throughout the day. Any watches brought in before 11 am will be completed by 12.30 pm. And watches brought in after 12.30 pm will be completed by 4.30 pm the same day.
All pieces of jewellery will be carefully cleaned and sanitised before and after use for hygiene purposes. As we always have, we will continue to frequently clean and sanitise our jewellery and store, with particular attention paid to any surfaces that may be touched, work areas, and equipment used.
We do, however, recognise that we are not able to eliminate the risk of COVID-19 completely and would like to politely advise all our visitors and customers to take any extra measures or precautions they would normally. In addition, we would be grateful if they were able to adhere to the new processes in place, whilst enjoying their shopping with HC Jewellers. We do also advise shopping alone when possible, whilst customers who are accompanied by children that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines. Last but not least, it is crucial for us to prioritise customers in vulnerable groups, so please call us on 01763 244705 if you require any additional help or guidance to booking an appointment.
We cannot wait to welcome you in our store once again, and helping you find the perfect piece to treat yourself or to gift! Remember, if you are still social distancing, avoiding public appearances or simply do not wish to leave home you can always order online from our brand new website by simply clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Have a look at our other blogs on our website that have more in-depth information about everything jewellery including ‘A Guide to Jewellery and Metals’ and keep an eye out for our upcoming blogs on: ‘Caring for your jewellery’ – ‘Wedding band widths and profiles’ and ‘The ultimate diamond” for more tips, guides and useful information.
We’d love to hear your view so do not hesitate to contact us, subscribe to our newsletter for FREE, send us an email at info@HCJewellers.co.uk or simply follow our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram